What lessons have you learned from having a baby in your life?
I find myself learning more about me since “Jade” came into our home.
I’ve learnt that:
- you need a degree in time management to have you and baby out the door on time
- meal times revolve around when the smallest tummy in the house needs feeding
- baby knows when you are trying to take a nap when she is because that’s when she wants a bottle earlier than normal
- everyone thinks that to be happy I need to be able to “keep” baby forever. They don’t realise I will keep her always in my heart, but at the end of the day, the best place for her is with her birth mum
- going to work one day a week and leaving baby with my mum is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done
- a good nights sleep should never be taken for granted
- regardless of the perpetually tired feeling, I wouldn’t trade those middle of the night snuggles for anything.
And now it’s time to go. Milk lady is being paged by the little angel in the next room.