Time to breathe

It’s been such a huge week since Bonnie and Clyde arrived.

Saturday we went to our agencies Christmas picnic. What a lovely day. Caught up with other carers from our agency, past children that we have cared for and watched the kids have a ball. All while poor MM wasn’t feeling 100 %.

Sunday bought a trip to the doctor for my four babies…David, Bonnie, Clyde and MM! 3 kids with colds, even though little Bonnie had been vomiting Saturday whenever she coughed, the doc said she was fine. MM was given a referral to go and have an ultrasound done for his ouchie bit. Good, because the doctor he saw the week before just prescribed antibiotics without examining him!

The week found Clyde’s tantrums triggering behaviours in David that we weren’t happy with and keeping poor little Bonnie awake and a difficult decision to be made. We chose to only have him for the one week placement we had agreed to. Bonnie is no problems, so we said she was welcome to stay as long as needed, but with Clyde causing so much stress in the house, he needed a new placement. David has come along so far I just his 3 weeks with us that we didn’t want to jeopardise that at this stage.

Then came Thursday. MM hadn’t been well during the night, but in true ‘tough bloke’ style wouldn’t have me call the doctor during the night and insisted on going to work in the morning. 9 am and he was sent home from work by the boss, and within an hour we were on our way to the emergency department.

Thursday night he had to move hospitals, so, I loaded all the kiddies in the car, we went and picked him up and drove him to the new hospital for possible surgery. Friday and we did the school drop off in the morning and then the two little kiddies had access with mum, Clyde then moved to his new placement and then off to the hospital with Bonnie to visit MM. We weren’t there long and they came to get him for his surgery.

Multiple phone calls to the hospital in the afternoon to see if he was out of surgery yet and eventually, yes he was, so David, Bonnie and I went in for a short visit. It was so good to see MM doing so well post surgery. I mean, amazingly well. He met us at the elevator so he could show us to his room. I couldn’t believe he was walking around so well already.

Saturday and Kelly arrived for respite just in time for us to go and collect MM from the hospital.

It’s so lovely to have MM home. I hardly  slept the first night he was in hospital and while I feel exhausted at the moment, I love having him home with us. The poor thing can’t even lift little Bonnie, and he’s going to go stir crazy not at work, but, he’s home and seems better already.

What a week. As if the lead up to Christmas wasn’t hectic enough we’ve had a few extra little challenges. Hopefully the rest of the month is a little smoother.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s